Eagle Eye Neighborhood Park Watch Program
The Eagle Eye Neighborhood Park Watch Program is an effort to prevent crime and vandalism to our playground and park equipment, to alleviate suspicious activities in our parks, and to promote community involvement.
In order for this program to be most effective, it must rely on citizen participation and support. While we do our best to keep a close watch on activities taking place in the parks, we cannot be everywhere all the time. Therefore, we are asking you (residents of our community) to help us keep an Eagle Eye on our parks.
Report any broken equipment, vandalized facilities or suspicious activities. And, please remember, DO NOT take matters into your own hands!
Please Report All Suspicious Activities
Quincy Park District (217)223-7703
Quincy Police Department
Non-Emergency Number (217)222-9360
Seemore Eagle, Friend Him on Facebook
Benefits of the Eagle Eye Program
- Prevents incidents of vandalism, crime, and misuse of park properties.
- Reduces repair and restoration costs for equipment and facilities.
- Helps make our parks a safe haven for children and adults to play and learn.
- Creates community pride as everyone works together to ensure safe, clean, and enjoyable parks.
- Teaches children to be observant and responsible park patrons.
- Brings awareness to activities taking place in our parks.
Keep an Eagle Eye on Your Parks!
Eagle Eye Neighborhood Park Watchers are encouraged to watch for all incidents of vandalism, unruliness, and other obvious wrongful activities, including:
- Defacement of park equipment
- Misuse of playground equipment
- Broken and unsafe equipment
- Alcohol or substance abuse in the park
- Unauthorized fires
- Fighting or harassment
- Destruction of natural resources
- Abuse or capture of wildlife
- Loose domestic animals in the park
- Littering or garbage dumping
- Violation of park closing hours